Monday, October 17, 2011

Book Review Marmalade Gertrude's Broken Wand

Book Review Marmalade Gertrude's Broken Wand
by Jason Thibeault



Author: Jason Thibeault
Publisher: Dime Novel Publishing

Marmalade is a well written children's fantasy book. It's the story of two fourth grade twins, who both fall into a strange situation. They find themselves in a strange new world, with scary creatures, and a lot of mystery. This book, though for children captivated me and kept me turning the pages.

The two main characters are brother and sister who are very cooonnected. They are well written and easy to like. Rebecca is a typical girl and Dillon a typical boy that are easy for children to relate to. They come across as very real. I can see them becoming very popular characters.

This colorful story doesn't talk down to children. It is written in a way that's easy to read, yet challenging. The monsters are frightening, but not overly. It may not be the right book for children extra sensitive to scary stories, but for the most part all kids could handle the ware wolves, ogres, and freaky trees.

I also like that the book isn't geared toward boys or girls. It's a book that the most rambunctious boy, or feminine girl would love. It sends a good messages too, like the importance of keeping a promise. 

I really enjoyed reading this book and my daughter enjoyed it as well. I had to pull it out from under her last night because she fell asleep with it. I can't wait to read more books in this series! Way to go Mr. Thibeault on creating a book that has the potential of becoming a classic.

Marmalade Gertrude's Broken Wand will be available October 22nd to learn more visit Dime Novel Publishing Here

Jason Thibeault is giving one of my lucky readers an autographed copy of Marmalade. To Enter fill out the form below. It may take a second to load.

I was given a copy of this book free for review. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment