Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My New Years Resolution: NOTHING!

That's right, you read the title correctly. I am not making a resolution this year because I'm pretty happy with myself the way I am. Sure, I could stand to lose a few pounds or learn to skydive, but it's not vital to my happiness in the coming year. I love my life fully and completely.

To me resolutions just seem like trying to force yourself to do something you really don't want to do. If you really did want to do it you would have well before New Year. I wanted to quit smoking for years and it wasn't a resolution that made me quit. It was seeing a family member die of lung cancer. I could say I'm going to read more in 2015, but the coming New Year isn't going to magically give me more time to spend doing it.

According to government these are the top resolutions made each year:

Just to go over a few of these, volunteer to help others. We should be doing that without making a resolution to do so. It's part of being a good human. There are so many opportunities to help that the need extends well past the New Years season and spring when people tend to forget all about their resolutions. You want to make sure you volunteer more go make friends with a homeless man or woman. Look into the face of a homeless child at a soup kitchen. Take them some food here and there. Trust me you'll volunteer a lot more after that reality sets in. 

Drink less alcohol. Um, if you have to make this resolution maybe it should be to join AA instead...just saying. 

My next issue with this list is people have things all messed up. There is never a one part resolution like the manage debt one. It goes along with the save money one. So it should be save money and manage debt. Instead of making this resolution hire a professional to help you manage it all. 

Lose weight, get fit, eat healthy food. Really don't all three of these work together toward the same goal? So again this would only overwhelm me and make me fail at a resolution. It's sort of like how I quit smoking you have to want to and have incentive to. Hopefully not someone around you dying from it. 

In the end what I'm trying to say is love yourself just the way you are. If you need to change things do it because you want to and give yourself the right inspiration to do so. Only 8% of people succeed with their resolutions whereas if you really set your mind and heart to something there is no way to fail. Do things because they are the right thing to do not because you're trying to force yourself and then you'll have a great 2015!


HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment