Tuesday, December 16, 2014



Twas the week before Christmas and all through our house
Mommy was sick and no time to lay down
There were parties to ready, so many teens will be there
And little ones ready to see Santa come near


Ahh yes, the week before Christmas. It's a crazy time for all families but with a mega family things can get out of hand quick. I sit here now in front of my computer just getting over strep (thanks germ infested children) enjoying my last day of relaxation. Tomorrow myself and the teens will start baking for the teen party at church we're hosting. I can't tell you how excited I am to spend a fun filled evening making sure all these hormonal teens stay in line. Thankfully a few strays will be helping out with preparations since it is their party (which comes down to they say they are doing it, they tell me what they want, and I do all the work). I'm exaggerating I'm sure they'll help make some cookies. I better slow down though or I could make this whole post about what has to be done for that party alone.

Wend.- Baby has 6 month check up, some baking for the party, finish wrapping a few bags of gifts.

Thursday- Phone appt about Janelle, 2 eye doctor appt's one for Mathew, one for Sweet Tee, mad rush to bake 10 dozen different kinds of cookies

Friday- Get everything ready for the party, hit the dollar store for prizes, get to the church to set up the teen room and the hot cocoa bar. After the party bring all the girls back here for a big old slumber party (even now my excitement about that is overwhelming)

Sat.- Try to get some shopping done before going to a big holiday festival at the fairgrounds an hour away by 5.

Sunday- Church to do a small party with my preschool class and then more shopping!

Monday- Hey, that's next week I don't want to think about that yet!

3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like my week, around working OH and The Man being gone until Wednesday. Thank goodness I got rid of satan's puppy yesterday - that dog was going to be the death of me. I think that's the last time I dogsit without full disclosure first! My poor dog laid down and slept for an hour after she left.
    Today I have to finish work, drop off a few gifts at my hiding place (aka Mom's house), pick up 3 overtired boys from school by 5, visit Santa's helper (they can't all be the real one, right?), feel 3 overtired and now whiny, ungrateful boys, and get them in bed by 8 so I don't completely drown in my wine glass. And at some point I'm sure I'll have to sit with my oldest and "help" with homework, and all the wonderfulness of common core. Yay Us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feed. I meant FEED. I definitely don't want to feel my dirty, smelly little boys. Unless they deign to dole out hugs. Then for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just throw some cereal in a bowl, pour some wine and call it a night ;)

    ReplyDelete