Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book review: "All Six Senses"

Book Title: All Six Senses
Author: Gary Batson
Reviewer: Stephanie Barmann
Release: End of November 2011

Over the years I have read a lot of books that deal with racism and a lot about love. Mr. Batson takes two contrasting subjects and brings them together into one great story. In his book "All Six Senses" he takes us through the lives and loves of couples struggling to find and keep love. The characters come alive and you feel their pain and triumphs. You want to hug them when their hearts are breaking and jump for joy with them when things work out! I laughed and I cried many times while reading this wonderfully written book.

Mr. Batson takes us through the lives of numerous characters and families. The stories of each flow together making these unrelated characters all part of each other. Mr. Batson wrote his woman characters well and the male characters were spectacular. His descriptions were flawless, making me hear the music, see the people living in the projects, and feel the snow on my skin.

I fell deeply in love with Eleanor, a strong woman who has been through a lot. She is probably one of the most memorable characters I have ever read in a book and she will forever be a friend in my mind. So many times I wanted to wipe away her tears and tell her everything would be alright.

Gary is another character who stands out in my mind. His struggles are real and his pain strong. My heart broke for him, but he overcame and in the end that's all that really matters in life.

Fata Mogana, I didn't understand this when I first read it in the opening. After finishing the book I do and want to get it tattooed on me! Way to go Mr. Batson. I hope to read a lot more by you in the future!






The product for each review was provided at no cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for product review and testing.  I do not accept monetary compensation for reviewing or writing about products. I only review products that I have personally tested and used in my home, and all opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment