1. Count kids prior to blackout and once all in same room, to figure out which one ran off to check out the cool storm from the porch.
2. Watch the barometric pressure if you're pregnant and make sure if you're nearing due date hubby has a catchers mitt
3. take the list FEMA has a get 4 times what they recommend!
4. Lots of batteries since you know playing with flashlights is fun
5. be ready to grow the ten arms you'll need when all the kids pile on you in fear. Only a large family mom can comfort that many people at once!
6. Make sure baby wipes are readily available in case you run out of TP (now you know you have a lot of baby wipes!)
7. In case of flooding start your bucket brigade
8. Remember with all those extra hands any damage will be fixed well before the neighbors