Thursday, August 25, 2011

Interview with Stephanie mom to 9 for now




Tell us a little about you and your family.

I'm steph and I met Steve in high-school. We have been together since I was 14 and he was 18.We still live in our home town in Seattle where we started our family growing adventure in 1994.Steve was 24 and I was 20 when we had our first child,Taylor,a little girl.Next came another girl,Madison in 96,then our daughter Maleah in 2000,another daughter, peyton in 02,our first son,Cole in 04,another boy Logan in 06,another daughter, Ava in 08,another son,tor in 2010 and our newest baby,hadliy just born July 10,2011!
I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is a hard working supervisor at a demolition company.
We are just a fun group of people that were destined to be a large family together!♥



How many children do you have right now?

I have 9 children....at the moment!;


 


What is the one chore that seems never ending?

The chore is hard to figure out what's most never ending.I'd like to say dishes or vacuuming but laundry just seems SO MUCH more consuming because it takes time to WASH AND DRY and its IN THE BASEMENT (the washer and dryer)and you always get the unexpected spills or pukey blankets on top of the laundry we already have so...yep,that's the one NEVER ENDING chore!


Why did you choose a large family? 

I don't feel like I chose a large family,IT chose me!:)
I was planning about 3-4 kids and really didn't consider that large but after having 4 kids(all girls,no boy)and realizing how amazing that kind of chaotic life was I decided I wasn't ready to stop,besides I was way too young!

It wasn't until I met my TOK (tons of kids) sisters that I felt like I had a place in life where I was normal and it was perfectly fine for me to continue having more as long as I could convince my husband lol! Ill always have them to vent to and normalize my thoughts.



Do you feel that each child gets enough attention?

I do feel like each kid gets plenty of attention!Each child is uniquely different and as they grow their needs of attention change but I know they all get it!They may not be smothered in it one on one but that's (one on one)not always quality anyways.They get one on one at times,family time quality or individual time with different siblings that truly is where wonderful amazing memories are made!



Best large family recipe?

I'm not a "natural" when it comes to cooking but something easy and cheap is to make a roast,pork or beef in the crock pot and just throw in carrots and potatoes with an onion soup mix packet and it comes out delicious! !


Best cutting cost idea?

Cutting cost...hmmmmm!I'm still trying to learn!:))I buy in bulk at Costco AND use their coupons.I make q stock pile of a bunch of things to last me till the next time those same item coupons come out.
I'm planning to make my own laundry detergent one of these days,it sounds very easy and super cheap!


What is the best thing about your family?

The best thing about my family is how very close we all are!We're all loud and crazy but have a lot of fun doing everything together!We are very goofy and fun people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment