Saturday, January 10, 2015

Review: Girl Of The Book




WOW! I have never became so lost in a preteen novel as I did this one. I am so happy to see a book that crosses the lines of religion and culture to teach acceptance. 

Girl of the book by Princila Murrell takes us into the world of Courtney Parker as her family moves from South Africa to Saudi Arabia. She struggles to make and maintain friendship and find her way in a country and culture so unlike the one she's from. 

I fell in love with Courtney's character from the start. I felt her pain and cheered her on as she made her way into her new life. I really wanted her to fit right in and be accepted and was sad when that didn't happen. Her character is believable and well rounded. Her family and friend interactions made me feel like I was right there beside her. 

The other characters from Peter to Lana were well written as well and brought so much to the story. I learned from each of them and was drawn deeper into the story because of them. 

I really feel as though this book should be required reading in schools. It could teach preteens so much about acceptance and how friendship can be found in anyone even if they have great differences. Princila Murrell is an excellent author proven in her ability to create such a vivid story that keeps a reaer hooked. This book is going right into my children's digital library. 

I would recommend this book to any preteens and encourage parents to check it out. This is a great way to teach your children tolerance. 


I received a copy of this book free to review. My opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment