Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reviw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom Inspired by Biblical Women




This is a book much different than what I usually read and review. It has the reader working with one of the women they choose. I picked Hannah who I have always admired, plus her section has the message I need right now in my life. Other biblical woman the reader can choose from is: Eve, Sarah, Hagar, Esther, Rachel, Leah, Tamar, and Naomi. Each has different qualities and leads the reader on a different journey.

Each of the biblical women take you on four journeys that are suppose to help you heal and grow. My first journey with Hannah really opened my heart and had me thinking. I remembered a time when I did just what they journey was asking me to do and then I was inclined to do it again. That journey was to let out all the sadness in my heart in prayer. The second journey is also in prayer and letting the praying woman in me rise! oh and did she ever rise! I won't get into details about all the journeys as I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

I am honestly changed by this book. I was blown away by how deeply it touched my soul and brought me closer not only to Hannah, but to God. I will be turning to this book from time to time when I need some of the encouragement it offers. I'm sure at some point I will have traveled the journey of each of these women in depth.

I would recommend this book to any Christian woman. It will help you heal, grow, and connect with God and the women in the Bible. This is a very well written book that had a lot of love and thought put into it and that flows from every page.

I was given a copy of this book to review. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment