Friday, February 6, 2015

So you have some questions....




I get asked a lot of questions as the mom of a mega-family. I thought I'd just put a few Q&A's out there for inquiring minds. These may differ from other large family mom's answers, but as we all know all families are different.

Are you crazy? Yes, as a matter of fact I take Celexa, but the reason is not because of my kids, nor due to my kids. Well, it kind of is. I take Celexa due to PPD postpartum depression.  Now others may debate my sanity in other areas, we'll just tune them out.

How do you keep up? I don't. My house is never fully clean, there is always dishes (we don't have a dishwasher unless you count kids), and the laundry is ever rarely all done. Just today I sent Dave to Walmart before school for socks because I didn't get to the whites load. It happens. Plus is we are now ahead on socks!

Do I know what birth control is? Yes, and I've used it or we'd have 15 kids instead of just 9. Yes, I said just 9 because if the world was just right for us we'd have more than the Duggar's.

What do all your kids thing of having that many siblings? Sometimes they love it and sometimes they hate it. I guess it depends on the day you ask them. The lessons they learn from each other however, will make them strong, patient, hard working, members of society. They will always function well in groups and always have someone on the other end of the phone to talk to when they are adults.

How much do you spend on groceries? More than a normal sized family, but less than you think. We shop sales, use coupons, and will go to four stores to save money! I can feed our family dinner plus stray kids that follow our kids home on less than $10 at times.

What do we drive? A motorcycle ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment