Thursday, September 1, 2011

Martie's family

Tell us a little about you and your family.

We're like any other family, just bigger. My husband Brian and I have 8 children ranging from 13 months to 14.5 years old. I also have a son that I gave up for adoption, who just turned 24 last week. 

I am a SAHM who homeschools the children and runs them to their activities, while simultaneously trying to keep up with the laundry, errands, and appointments. Brian works in IT during the day and is an amazing hands on dad the minute he walks through the door. 

Our children are funny, intelligent, beautiful little individuals who amaze me every day. Brian and I are both only children and that played a large role in us wanting a large family. Like all families with or without children,we have our good times and our bad, but it feels like we are so much luckier than many people because we have each other to share all these big and small moments that make up our lives.


 What is the sweetest sound to your ears?
I don't know if there is one sweetest sound. I love listening to my children play, talk, and have fun together. Hearing an older child help a younger child is amazing and humbling, because they have so much patience and find interesting new ways to explain things. I adore the sound of each of their laughs: everyone is different, but each is funny. And as much as I love the noise and chaos of every day, I love the sound of 8 children sleeping peacefully under one roof.


How many pregnancy tests do you think you've taken

 over the years?
[snort] That one makes me (and anyone who knows me) laugh. I am a total pee-on-a-stick-aholic. I cannot even begin to guess, but I am if I had a dollar for each one, I could have a nice day at the spa...maybe even a weekend get-away.
 

In an ideal world what is the one thing you'd want more

 than anything?

Well, of course it'd be nice if we could have world peace, everyone safe, fed, and healthy, all parents sleeping at least 4 hours straight a night, people to no be judgmental, intrusive dopes, but I think you mean on a personal goal that is achievable? If that is the case, I very much look forward to having a chance to have Tim (my baby who I gave up for adoption) and his parents spend time with us as a family. In an ideal world, I think that would be a wonderful and amazing thing

What's more important money and status or a house full

of love?
Well, that's a no brainer: a house full of love. You can't buy that. :)


In one day how many times do you think you hear the

 word mom or form of the word?


About as many times as I breathe divided by 2. 


How many tables do you take up at restaurant?
 We don't eat out a lot, but when we go to our favorite local Mexican restaurant they put 3 tables together for all of us.


We don't eat out a lot, but when we go to our favorite local Mexican restaurant they put 3 tables together for all of us.



Best thing about your family?

The best thing about my family is they're all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment