Monday, September 26, 2011

Peek-a-Boo Cube review



Today I reviewed the Peek-a-boo cube from Discovery toys. I decided to review this toy based on the fact it looked good for Mathew. It's not easy to find toys for a child with Hypotonia. I needed something light weight, soft, and easy for him to hold. The Peek-a-boo block met all of these needs. 


Mathew was able to easily hold onto this as it formed with his grip. He enjoyed smacking it to hear the rattle. When held over his head the rattle hung down, which was great to work on his swatting.

The colorful block would be great for children with visually impairments as well. The contrast between colors makes the patterned cards stand out. Plus the sound of the rattle would attract a child who depends more on hearing than sight. I wish I'd had this toy around when my visually impaired daughter was a baby.  

Mathew really enjoyed this toy. He looked for it among the other toys on the floor and smiled when it was given to him.  The toy was exactly what it was described to be and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. The box says 0+ for ages, but my two year old is very interested it in to (that or she just likes taking the baby's toys!). The quality is great and well worth the price.

I would recommend this toy for use with all babies, but especially babies with visual impairments and hypotonia.

The Peek-a-boo block can not be found in stores. It is an exclusive toy which can be purchased by Clicking Here



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment