Friday, April 17, 2015

Parents for Sale Review



"The Clark parent threatens to sell their golden retriever, Pistachio, since twins Luke and Lucy don’t take care of her as they promised. As soon as their parents’ car is out of sight, Luke, Lucy and Pistachio go into the garage. Luke begins painting big white letters on a piece of dark cardboard: Parents for Sale. Watching her brother, Lucy grows impatient and stomps, saying, “Hurry up! Replace the sign as soon as possible. Otherwise, one of our neighbors will buy Pistachio.” 

Three families come to buy, trade, or rent their parents without success. As soon as the twins sell their parents to the fairy orphan, she transforms into a witch who wishes to eat them in a stew. How will the twins save their parents?" 


My review:

This book captured the attention of all my kids. They couldn't wait to keep reading more every night. I loved that it was funny and taught them lessons, even if they didn't realize it. They laughed so much as we went through the pages of this book.
The author did beautifully wording this in a way kids would love. It is easy enough for younger readers to be challenged, but also for older readers not to get bored. 
I love the twists in the book as did the kids.
Overall a great read I enjoyed as much as my children.
I would recommend this to kids 7-11.



I received this to review. My opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment