Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Do You Believe?



Rarely does a movie touch me so deeply that it makes me question my faith. They used a quote in the movie "If you were put on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict?" I sat and thought about it and came to the conclusion no there wouldn't be. I'm going to have to work on that. 

The movie brings us into the lives of 12 characters who in one way or another help lead each other to belief. To real, honest belief. My grandma used to tell me everyone has a sad story to tell and in this movie you see that, yet you also catch a glimpse of happiness, laughter, joy, and most of all faith so strong it is inspiring. 

Joe is the character I most loved. A man who is looked down upon by society. He's a convict, a criminal. poor, looked down upon. Joe is a nobody, yet in the movie we see a man who has more love and faith than most. He reminded me of a few people in my real life. People who are facing imminent death, yet they smile. They sing with joy and they spread love. They are not bitter or angry. Joe in his subtle way brings the whole movie together to a climax that made my heart leap for joy! 

Then there is Lily. She shows us the simple faith of a child. It reminds me why Jesus said to become like the little children. She's an amazing little girl whose heart and love changes the lives of so many in the movie. 

Do you believe is a well written movie with a plot that will keep anyone on the edge of their seat. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I laughed, I cried, and I sat in complete awe. This movie had everything a good movie should. I came home last night and googled where I could get a little wooden cross. This movie made me want to put my faith to the test. I want to be convicted of being a Christian!

I know this movie will get a lot of flack from the non Christian community and that's okay. Everyone has a right to like and not like what they want. For me though, this movie was life changing. I want to take my whole family to see it! 

Keep up the great work Pure Flix and we'll keep going to see the movies!!!! 

Oh and one question for Pure Flix. If you could have kept going in the movie does Joe and you know who get married? I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I say you know who. Because that would be great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment